Publications from Scientific Research Done at Woodworth Prairie Heading link
- Ammann, R. L. and D. W. Nyberg. 2005. Vegetation height and quality of original and reconstructed tallgrass prairies. Am. Midl. Nat. 154: 55-66.
- Nyberg, D. and Masters, L. 2001. Revising your species list: Making decisions to remove names. p. 102-106. in Proceedings of the 12th Northern Illinois Prairie Workshop. College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois
- Tiedemann, C. E. 1992. A computational Heuristic for comparing maps. Manuscript of 31 pages.
- Wisiol, K., Apfelbaum, S. I. and A. S. Rouffa. 1991. How is Woodworth Prairie changing in time and space? New ways to analyze and map patterns. p. 133-141 in Proceedings of the 10th Northern Illinois Prairie Workshop. Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois.
- Hamilton, R. W. and D. G. Stathakis. 1987. Arthropod species diversity, composition and trophic structure at the soil level biotope of three northeastern Illinois prairie remnants. Transactions of the Illinois Academy of Science 80: 273 -298.
- Apfelbaum, S. I. and A. S. Rouffa. 1983. James Woodworth Prairie Preserve: A case history of the ecological monitoring programs. p. 27- 30 in Proceeding of the 8th North American Prairie Conference. Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan.
- Hamilton, R. W. 1981. Description of the larvae and pupa of Haplorhynchites aeneus. (Coleoptera: Curculionoidea, Rhynchitidae). Journal of the Kansas Entomological Society 54: 616-624.
- Hamilton, R. W. and S. S. Kuritsky. 1981. Description of the larva and pupa of Merhynchites bicolor (Fabricius). (Coleoptera: Rhynchitidae) The Coleopterists Bulletin 35: 189-195.
- Apfelbaum, S. I. and A. S. Rouffa. 1981. James Woodworth Prairie Preserve (Peacock Prairie): The flora. Transactions of the Illinois Academy of Science 74: 1-7.
- Betz, R. F. and M. H. Cole. 1969. The Peacock Prairie – a study of a virgin Illinois mesic black soil prairie forty years after initial study. Transactions of the Illinois Academy of Science 62: 44-53.
- Auerbach, S. 1951. The centipedes of the Chicago area with special reference to their ecology. Ecological Monographs 21: 97-124.
- Park, O., S. I. Auerbach and M Wilson. 1953. Pselaphid beetles of an Illinois prairie: the population. Ecological Monographs 23: 1-15.
- Park, O., S. I. Auerbach and M Wilson. 1949. Pselaphid beetles of an Illinois prairie: the fauna, and its relation to the prairie peninsula hypothesis. Bulletin of the Chicago Academy of Science 8: 267-276.
- Paintin, R. D. 1929. The morphology and nature of a prairie in Cook County, Transactions of the Illinois Academy of Science 21: 152-175.
Articles/Books that include information about Woodworth and/or the effort to save it
- Farney, D. 1980. The tall-grass prairie: Can it be saved? (Photographs by Jim Brandenburg). National Geographic 157: 36-61. (January 1980)
- Greenberg, J. 2002. A Natural History of the Chicago Region. 595p. University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 60637
- Platt, R. H. 1971. Openland in Urban Illinois. 132 p. Northern Illinois University Press, Dekalb, IL 60115.
- Swink, F. and G. Wilhelm. 1994. Plants of the Chicago Region, 4th Edition. Indianapolis, Indiana Academy of Science.